3/F Dusit Thani Manila ayala center, Makati City Tel. 8819-5644 / 8810-9622

Visa for Spouse or Child of Japanese National living in the Philippines (Temporary Visit)


Purpose is temporary visit in Japan of Spouse/Child (including special adopted child) of a Japanese National living in the Philippines who has a long-term visa status and who submits a report of residency (Zairyu Todoke) at the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines. Applicants for this type of visa(multiple) are not permitted to stay in Japan totally for more than (6) months within one (1) year. If applicants wish to stay for longer period of time, it is necessary to obtain a status of residence.


  • Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If document is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
  • It is applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed below is encouraged (e.g. applicant’s economic or social ties with the Philippines, urgent reasons for visit: medical certificate, wedding invitation).
  • Sufficient documents does not guarantee of an approve visa, still Japan Embassy's discretion applies.
  • If a falsified document is submitted, a visa will not be issued.
  • Documents submitted cannot be returned as a general rule.
  • In some instances, Japan Embassy ask for an additional document (other than the basic). Such documents must be submitted within three (3) months only, otherwise the application will be terminated.
  • Receipts of documents (PSA B/C, PSA M/C, Bank Certificate, etc.) should be removed.


All documents must be original unless otherwise stated.


  • Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.

2. Visa Application Form

  • Available at the OUR WEB SITE, at the entrance of the Embassy or at FRIENDSHIP TOURS.
  • Application form should be filled out all items correctly, If item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A]. Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form; may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.

3. Photo

  • Specs: 4.5cm x 3.5cm(2x1.4 inch),, with white background.
  • Photo must be taken within 6 months.
  • Please write applicant's name and birthdate on back side of the photo.
  • Photo must be pasted on the application form.

4. Birth Certificate

  • IT must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
  • If the birth certificate from Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) is unreadable, or has incomplete information, please submit the birth certificate issued by PSA together with a birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar.
  • If the birth certificate is "late registration", please submit in addition, a baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from high school or elementary and School Yearbook (if possible).
  • If there is no record in PSA, please submit a "Certificate of Non-Record" from PSA together with a birth certificate from the Local Civil Registrar.

5. Marriage Certificate (if the applicant is married)

  • IT must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
  • In case there is no record in PSA, please submit a "Certificate of Non-Record" from PSA together with the Marriage Certificate from the Local Civil Registrar.

6. Family Registration(Koseki Tohon) (only if requesting a multiple visa)

  • Must be issued within three months

7. Passport copy of the Japanese Spouse/Parent living in the Philippines

  • Please submit a copy of all used pages to confirm that the Japanese Spouse/Parent is living in the Philippines with long term visa. If the Japanese Spouse/Parent is staying in the Philippines on a short-term visa such as "Tourist", he/ she is not recognized as a long-term resident therefore Spouse/Child cannot apply in this category.

8. Copy of Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) card of the Japanese Spouse/Parent

9. Employment Certificate and Income Tax Certificate of the main provider of the family.

  • If unemployed or only receiving pension etc. , submit a written explanation why the main provider cannot submit this requirement.
  • If main provider of the family cannot submit Income Tax Return (ITR), submit a certificate of bank deposit balance in lieu of the ITR.

10. If the applicant wishes to apply for a multiple entry visa, submit the Embassy prescribed form "Reason for requesting multiple entry visa ", check items that apply and state reason for request. Page Top